Chillin’ With The Arctic Fox
Good morning, fabulous friends! Today is Thursday, May 8, 2014. (8 Iyyar, 5774).
Today in History
- 1784 – Only known deaths by hailstones in US (Winnsborough SC)
- 1821 – Greek War of Independence: the Greeks defeat the Turks in Gravia.
- 1840 –Alexander Wolcott patents Photographic Process
Did You Know
The word ‘Knight’ comes from the word ‘cniht’, meaning a boy servant or warrior.
Cheesy Joke Time
- What’s the difference between a teacher and a train?
- The teacher says spit out your gum and the train says chew, chew, chew!
Nature Kid Journal Entry
There are so many ways animals can keep there bodies warm – fat, fur, even a Penguin Antifreeze – but how do animals like the Arctic Fox keep their noses warm?
Click the play button above to listen in and don’t forget to tell us what you think by commenting below!